Steve Jobs’ Talk

                                                                                                                                           

*warning: this is an late assignment*





                                                                                                                                           
Well, this is quite embarrassing that I didn't publish the post yesterday, I thought I had it, and then it turns out that I only clicked "save"....




                                                                                                                                           


Howdy! weekly posts again yaaay! I gotta admit that this is few of the most pleasing thing to do recently.

I've been fed up with annoying stuff that happens in my daily routines, and this kind of concentration is what I need to draw my attention away from those semi-disaster.


I'm sure you're not here to hear my whining about my "first world problem", so let's crack on our speech:

Good words & sentences I learned from the speech:
  • commencement(whoa, that's a long word)(n.) a ceremony at which students receive their academic degrees or diplomas
    • e.g.  Two more years and I'll have my commencement of this school

  • naively (adv.) in a way that shows you lack experience of life, knowledge or good judgement and are willing to believe that people always tell you the truth
    • e.g. I naively think I have a reasonable math teacher.

  • intuition (n.) the ability to know something by using your feelings rather than considering the facts
    • e.g. Rely on intuition is not a good forecasting method.

  • devastating (adj.) causing a lot of damage and destruction
    • e.g. The storm was devastating for those unprepared residents.

  • dogma (n.) a belief or set of beliefs held by a group or organization, which others are expected to accept without argument
    • e.g. He was born to be a rebel, don't expect him to follow any of our dogma.
Comments:

I don't really like those life-winner's speech, they might make sense at some point and touching for others, but I my opinions about life are more "Go with the flow" type, so there's not much I can relate from the speech, well, I do have some "unrelatable" part.

When I heard "love and loss", the first thing comes to my mind are families and the loved one, then he proceed with his works and company. Wowie, what a hard-working person. He did lives on with his last name: jobs.

It's not completely wrong with that attitude, he's adopted. Not very into family stuff, and he did mentioned his wife somewhere in that part of speech that they met in work. his whole life just seen to be so successful yet so sad: everyone in his life are all about work, he did lived but he never be truly alive inside.

Comments

  1. True, the first thing comes to my mind are my family and love ones too, but not jobs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Greetings!

TED talk

AEE 690 - 5 British Phrases that Most Americans Don’t Know