English song - Moon river (The Flash version)

Howdy! it's about time for our weekly blogpost, I'm going to share a song that interested me, the first time I heard this song is in the TV series called The Flash, A superhero story usually won't get very much of my attention, but the movie effect in the show indeed caught my eyes, due to the fact that Flash is a speedster, when he uses his power, either he goes super fast or everything else in the scene becomes slowed down, so they've got tons of work on every scene to make those flashy lighting and super slow-mo stuff.

in the episode of Duet, there's one who call himself "music meister" and love to use his power to put people's mind in to a musical drama world and teach them "a lesson", and there's where the song comes along, and I was just like: "Wowie! those acters can sing!"

I've already love the series, so why not the song within it? Plus I love singers with clear voices, so this type of work will definitely fit my appetite. with no more chit chat, let's hear it out:


Lyrics:

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after that same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me
(Moon river)
(Moon river, ooh)

Facts:

Mancini wrote this song with lyricist Johnny Mercer. The original title was "Blue River," but Mercer found out another songwriter was using that title.

Moon River is a real river in Savannah, Georgia where Mercer grew up. His home overlooked the river and he had fond memories of the place. At the time, the river was known as The Back River, but was renamed Moon River in honor of the song, and Johnny Mercer's home along the river became known as the Moon River House.

Words/terms I learned:


  • Drifter : (n.) [C] a person who moves from one place or job to another without a purpose or plan
    • e.g. I'm kind of a drifter, when I have to face the music I'll will always play it by ear.

  • huckleberry friend : A very special, good friend that's been in your life for years, typically since youth.       From the Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini song, "Moon River", which was featured in the classic movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
    • e.g. You've know too much, either you'll be my huckleberry friend for life or I can't let you leave here alive! (Noooooo~ )

  • rainbow's end : The end of the rainbow holds a pot of gold, or is where all your dreams come true. It is the place of fulfillment of your fondest goals.
    • e.g. you're my rainbow's end, my dear. (smooth af flirting technique)


It's being a pleasure to serve my weekly feeling on the blog, so thanks for visiting and the comments, I'll see you guys/girls(please don't be triggered if you're sexually identify yourself as an apache helicopter) next week!





Comments

  1. The song was sung by different singers, and this is probably one of the best, i think. She sang beautifully!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFsEJT9c0LE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Greetings!

TED talk

AEE 690 - 5 British Phrases that Most Americans Don’t Know